This is to inform you that many of our students are absent today due to illness. Parents have
reported influenza, flu-like illness and stomach bug symptoms. We have been in contact with
health department officials who recommend the following to help stop the spread of illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water scrubbing for 15 to 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze – cover with a tissue then wash your hands immediately or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Please stay home and keep your children home when sick. Children need to remain home until they have been fever-free for 24 continuous hours without the use of fever reducing medication like Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Consider consulting your health care provider to discuss medication for influenza.
- Practice other good health habits to stay healthy all year long – good nutrition, adequate sleep, exercise and drinking plenty of water.
- Get flu shots yearly for you and your family.
Please review these measures with your children so we can all work together to prevent the
spread of germs.
Please feel free to contact our school nurse if you have questions or concerns.
Nancy Teel, Principal
Eileen Gomez, School Nurse