Hey folks, just a reminder that the next PTO meeting is this Wednesday at 7:00 in the library. Hope to see you there.
The PE-Sponsored BLACKLIGHT DANCE is this Friday, December 7, from 4pm-6pm, and we need your help to make it a success! Please check out the sign up genius and get ready to glow!
On this “Giving Tuesday,” snag some spirit wear AND support our school! Order now to get that long-sleeve white t-shirt in time for the Blacklight Dance on December 7! Use coupon code “pickup” at checkout to remove the shipping charge. https://shop.jeffersonink.com/product-category/sms/
Calling all Military Families!
Please join us this Thursday the 8th for a spaghetti dinner to celebrate you.
Please click this link to make a reservation. We are serving between 5:30-7:30.
Two Monday items from your PTO:
- All parents/guardians are welcome to attend the PTO meeting THIS Wednesday night, 7pm-8pm, in the library!
- CALLING ALL BAKERS AND VOLUNTEERS! The SMS Yard & Bake Sale is THIS Saturday, 11/10, and we need your help to make it a success! Please note that three lines for volunteer STUDENTS have been added in the Yard Sale sign up ( https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080D4BAFAB2FA2F85-annual ) . And the slots for donated baked goods are unlimited–the more, the better!
Dear Sutherland Families,
8th Grade Civics and Student Council are hosting a Spaghetti Dinner on Thursday, November 8th, We need your help with food and other items to make the dinner a success. Please consider donating something to the dinner.
All donations must be at the school by the end of day on Wednesday, November 7th.
Thank you so much for your help.
Jeff Criscione and Andrea Walkup
Please sign up to help at the SMS PTO Yard Sale! Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080D4BAFAB2FA2F85-annual
The Busch Gardens trip is upon us! Below is some helpful information about the trip tomorrow.
1. The students and chaperones need to be here at the normal start of school at 9:00. They need to go to the cafeteria so we can get chaperones with groups, take roll, and get on the buses.
2. It looks like we are going to have rain tomorrow. We are recommending boots, ponchos or raincoats, and a change of clothes for the bus ride home.
3. We will be returning to Sutherland between 8:30 and 9:00. Please be here to pick up your child then. Please do not park in front of the school or on the loop or the buses will not be able to get there. We will have the students call when we get to Pantops to let you know we are close.
4. Please make sure your child has either money for lunch and dinner or a packed lunch and/or dinner. We will not be stopping for food on the way home.
5. Students can bring a movie to watch on the bus but it must be G or PG.
6. Students can bring their phones and other electronics but the school is not responsible for them if something happens. They can leave them on the bus as it will be locked while we are there, but again, the school is not responsible for them if something happens.
7. Please have the students bring a Ziploc bag to put their electronics in if they choose to carry them around the park.
8. The students are to be respectful to their chaperones at all times, and if there is a problem, they will stay with a teacher for an appropriate amount of time.
We have our 6th-grade-sponsored Fall Dance coming up on October 12th and need a few brave chaperones to help out in the gym and the cafeteria. Dance shoes not required. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080D4BAFAB2FA2F85-oct12th
Parents of Geometry Students
Your child was given a permission slip for a fieldtrip to Virginia Military Institute this past week. Students will be taking the American Mathematics Contest 8, having lunch, and then going on a tour of the campus. Details are in the letter sent home. Interested students need to bring back signed permission slips by this Friday, October 12th. If you have questions, please contact Diana McCullough at email@example.com.