Happy Friday, Sharks!
We have had another busy week this week as students re-adjusted to a full, five day school week. We celebrated Veterans Day on Tuesday with a variety of activities in our classes. A heart-felt “thank you” goes out to those in our SMS community who have served or have family members who have served. We have been busy selling raffle tickets and cornhole tickets to students during lunch. Today, we are on a shortened class schedule to make way for the Mustache Madness rally at the end of the day and then jump right into our November dance at 4:00 PM. A few items before we look at next week:
- The next ICA is Fri 11/21 from 3 – 4pm. The ICA sign up is available on the Sutherland Website under Students. The access code is 2801, Sutherland’s address. Each student should sign up for only ONE activity with their first and last name and answer the question at the end about what grade they are in. You do not need to put your email. Students should sign up by Tuesday, 11/18. The ICA sign up genius will be taken down on Tuesday night at 8pm so Ms. Davis can generate the lists.
- Sixth grade students who are interested in broadcast journalism and/or video technology should think about joining the Sutherland Video Club. Applications are available in the Media Center. They should be returned (with a parent signature) to Mr. Wynne Taylor in room A-3 by Thursday, November 20th. This is the only opportunity for students to join this year, so don’t hesitate.
- Picture retakes will be next Wednesday, November 19th beginning at 9:30 AM. Students will be called by announcement. Retake forms can be picked up in the front office or in guidance.
Monday, November 17th: Black Day
Tuesday, November 18th: Teal Day
Wednesday, November 19th: Black Day –
- 9:30 AM: School picture make-up date
Thursday, November 20th: Teal Day –
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM: Faculty Meeting
- 5:00 – 6:30 PM: Monticello Health and Medical Science Program Open House @ MHS
Friday, November 21st: Black Day –
- ICA Schedule
- 4:00 – 6:00 PM: Cornhole Tournament in the gym
Have a great weekend!