Happy Friday the 13th, Sharks!
What a great week here at Sutherland. We have made our way through Parent/Teacher Conferences where the PTO treated us to an awesome chili dinner (thanks, all!). We had two nights in a row of basketball where our SMS teams continued to do well. Today, despite the dreary weather, we have the 8th grade Busch Gardens trip. The busses rolled out of Sutherland this morning, and the students, parents, and teachers are anticipating a great day at the park, rain or shine! The student will not leave the park until 6:00 pm. Typically, we instruct students to text or call their parents when they are on Pantops, so that you can plan to pick them up in a timely manner.
Looking ahead to next week, we have All-County Drama and All-County Orchestra field trips. We also have our second dance of the year. We have a number of events coming up, including next week’s dance, that need some parent help, so please review the announcements below for lots of information.
That’s all for now, folks. Have a terrific weekend!
Next Week @ SMS:
Monday, October 16th: Black Day
Tuesday, October 17th: Teal Day
Wednesday, October 18th: Black Day
AVID 7 field trip
All-County Drama @ MHS
Thursday, October 19th: Teal Day
7:00 PM: All County Orchestra Concert @ MHS
Friday, October 20th: Black Day
4:00 – 6:00 PM: DANCE!
News from SMS:
- Attention Parents & Guardians, each year, we administer several surveys to our students to check on issues like school climate, bullying, homework, etc. The data we gather from these surveys helps us steer our school in terms of areas of improvement. We will administer the first of these surveys on October 24th. As part of this survey, we also include questions about those who are victims of bullying here at Sutherland. This portion of the survey is a county-wide initiative and there is some literature about this portion of the survey. For more information, you can use these links:
- It’s time for our Annual PTO Yard Sale on Saturday November 3rd!! All proceeds come right back to the school!! We will be collecting donations on Friday November 3 from 5-8pm in the Sutherland Cafeteria. Please clean out those closets and send in gently used items!! We are always looking for furniture, clothes, toys, games, books, household goods, tools and other items you would like to donate. We also need YOUR help to make it a success. If you can help please sign up using this link SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0B49ABA82E5-annual Any questions? Email Lynette Sanford at email@example.com
- SCA will be selling Fall Candy Grams from October 19 – October 25th. Please help support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Send your friends or favorite teacher a candy gram and help a great cause.
- SCA is collecting BOX TOPS! Please send in your box tops with your student. Every year the money earned by redeeming box tops earns the PTO and school about $2000.00. We would love your support in helping us reach that amount this year too. Please send in Box Tops now through October 25th.
- We have a dance coming up on October 20th and need chaperones. For those interested, http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4bafab2fa2f85-oct20dance Have a great weekend!