Happy New Year, Sharks!
A few items since we have not talked in a few weeks:
- On one or two-hour delay schedules, we do not operate a morning study hall session. The general idea is to keep students warm – both outside and inside. In addition to the bus issues, often the delay is issued because the buildings are still too cold and need a chance to warm up. Thank you for your help.
- 8th grade parents: please note that tomorrow is the Curriculum Expo at Albemarle High School starting at 6 PM. We highly encourage our eighth graders to attend to learn more about ninth grade class offerings.
- Registration for classes for the 2018/2019 school year starts next week on Parent Portal.
- We have extended the deadline for the morning French class until January 5th: Come and celebrate “FESTIVALS du mode francophone” before school on Wednesday mornings at 8 am! We will be traveling virtually around the French-Speaking parts of our world to explore different winter festivals. We will celebrate Mardi gras, the International Circus of Monaco, the Winter Festival of Quebec, and more. Each week will involve a fun art project that reflects the festival. Come eat King Cake with us and have fun learning French! Sign up forms will be in the office and outside of the gathering area. No experience necessary – you do not have to be taking French to join in on the fun! Please refer your friends and have them join us too! Forms are in the Main Office.
- And last, but not least…A big shout out to Mrs. Linda Pease in 8th grade who was nominated as Teacher of the Month on Z95.1 .
Have a great short week!