Good morning, Sharks!
Another week comes to a close here at Sutherland. We have now entered the second nine-week marking period. Yesterday, you should have received a call from Mr. Vrhovac announcing that grades are posted on ParentPortal for you to see. We will have grade-wide assemblies next week to recognize those students who achieved Honor Roll this quarter. Since we no longer have report cards to mail home, we do ask that you check the ParentPortal for your child’s grades. If you have any questions, always feel free to e-mail your child’s teacher(s) to see what is going on in class.
We had a short week this week, but it was action-packed! We started the week with grade-level meetings to set the tone for the new marking period. Mustache Madness is now underway here at SMS. Each year, we raise money for the HEADStrong Foundation with a lot of shenanigans here at school. A reminder that this year’s Cornhole Tournament will be on Friday, November 21st after school. You can always follow the goings on by checking out the SMS Twitter feed on the school’s website and/or by following us on Twitter @SMSSharks. We try and post things regularly so parents and guardians can see the good works in our building.
This Week’s Notes:
- Tomorrow (Saturday) is the PTO yard sale here at SMS from 8 AM to 12 PM.
- We have a new Guidance website that you can get to from the SMS page that contains information about this year’s registration process. For current 6th and 7th grade families, we have some time before we start talking about next year’s classes. However, 8th grade students will start the registration process for AHS next month! Please check out the website for information about dates, classes, and the registration process as a whole so that you know of upcoming events.
- The Orchestra poinsettia sale will end on Tuesday, Nov. 11. Please contact Mrs. Finnegan at email@example.com or see any orchestra member to place an order.
- November 14th is the final date for registering for this summer’s Grand Canyon trip with myself (Mr. Guy) and Ms. Shiflett. If interested, please make sure you see the school’s website.
- Next week is the Hardware Hackathon. There is a description posted on the SMS website under Announcements. See Mr. Bredder with questions.
- A quick parking lot note: we have seen an increase in car dings and dents in the parking lot here at school. Please be mindful of cars. For drop/off and pick-up, we ask that parents use the two lanes in front of the school rather than using the parking spaces. Thanks!
Monday, November 10th: Teal Day
Tuesday, November 11th: Black Day. Band Boosters Meeting @ 6:30 PM
Wednesday, November 12th: Teal Day
Thursday, November 13th: Black Day
Friday, November 14th: Teal Day. Dance from 4:00 – 6:00 PM.
Final date to register for the Grand Canyon Trip.
Have a great weekend, sharks! See you next week.